salon assistant position
Est. in 2018 Kani Gordon Hair Group is one of Atlanta’s Top Hair Loss and Alopecia Salons. we believe style and beauty serve to enhance your unique journey. Our goal is to offer an engaging space where you can refine and redefine how you look and feel. Our salon mission, passion, and focus revolves around hair loss & alopecia clients.
Our services include Hair Replacement Systems, Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) Tapered Crochet & Hair Replacement Trainings. At this time, Kani Gordon Hair Group, an Atlanta-based salon is seeking a part-time Salon Assistant.
Salon assistants are often the unsung heroes of the salon; the person that gave you that wonderful scalp massage during your shampoo and rinses or a welcome cup of tea whilst you waited on your hairstylist.
The role of a salon assistant is an essential position in any salon. Not only do salon assistants aid hair stylists and help ensure the smooth running of a salon but for many aspiring stylists, it means their foot in the door of a salon operation and a step on into the hair care industry where they are trained and supported by an expert master cosmetologist and barber professional.
At Kani Gordon Hair Group the salon assistant will aide, Master Cosmetologist, Kanishia Gordon in servicing her clients.
- Provide customers with information about the services being offered.
- Prepare Clients for Treatment (Hair Replacement, Chemical Services, SMP)
- Shampoo client’s hair
- Salon General Maintenance: Sweep Floors, Wash and Fold Towels (keep salon tidy)
- Stocking/restocking retail hair products retail
- Generally assist the Master cosmetologist whether it be combing a client’s hair tending to stylist needs during services
- Other services as needed
Hours and Work Environment
This Salon assistant’s position will be required to work 3 days a week. (Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday). The hours will be 4pm – 8pm (Night Shift Only)
Preferred Skills and Personal Qualities
- Passion for hairdressing and drive to succeed
- Good personality
- Quick learner
- Good team player
- Self-motivated and driven
- Commitment and Effort
- Willingness to learn and practice
- Must know how to braid
- Sewing Experience (Major plus)
- Cosmetology background welcome and preferred but not necessary
Pay & Benefits
Salon Assistants at Kani Gordon Hair Group typically earn a minimum wage of $300 per week ($1200 per month).
Opportunities and Progression
This position has plenty of opportunities for advancement within different levels of the Kani Gordon Hair Group Team. This is later determined by the salon owner, after 90 days of employment.
Kani Gordon Hair Group Salon
MY Salon Suite of Larkin
519 Memorial SE Suite 210 -211 & 402
Atlanta, GA 30312
Expected Start Date
One week after shadow training interview.
- In-person shadowing is required for the interview process. With a mask and gloves.
- All Kani Gordon Hair Group clients are required to sign a COVID-19 waiver form and they are required to wear masks and booties.